Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Please allow me to introduce myself...

I'll admit, I'm more than fashionably late to the blogging party. But hey, I live in L.A. so that should give me some sort of handicap, as we Angelenos seem to operate in our own hazy, smog-filled time zone that lags about 20 minutes behind actual reality. Be it a screening, a dinner reservation, or a trip down the freeway, tardiness is all but expected. Arrive on time, you're the first one there. Get there late, and the party's in full swing.

So allow me to introduce myself. I'm change100. I'm a 28 year old film executive and I'm addicted to poker.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step, right?

I love poker. I'm sitting in my office thinking about it right now, while I should be conjuring up another box office smash for my boss. I fall asleep with cards flying behind my eyes. I have mastered the art of reading the first thirty pages of a script and determining whether or not it sucks while simultaneouly folding crap hands on Party Poker. And I can hardly wait until the sun goes down each day and I get to leave this antiseptic, overpriced slice of office real estate for the tables, virtual or otherwise.

Yeah, I have problems. But if you're reading this, you probably have the same ones.

I'll try to keep the lame hand histories and bad beats to a minimum. Mainly I'm going to spew whatever comes out of my head at the moment. Most of it will be poker-related, but not always. Maybe a little salacious Hollywood gossip from time to time. We'll see. For now, I have to end this blog and adjourn to the company conference room for lukewarm catered Chinese food and a three hour meeting to discuss "tentpole" film ideas. Superheroes-- done. Comics-- done. I dunno, apocalypic world-ending scenarios always seem to make dough, don't they?

I'm off.

No comments: