Thursday, July 13, 2006

I went to Vegas for a tourney and came back with a job

I'm back in Los Angeles. But not for long.

Somewhere in between drops of the Hammer, shots of Soco, drunken Pai Gow, final tabling the WPBT Summer Classic, and $1200 in car repairs, I managed to get a gig. Thanks to the fabulous Dan Michalski at Pokerati, I'll be covering the World Series of Poker for Pokerblog.com starting this coming Monday. I'm joining a tremendous lineup of writers including Amy Calistri, Jen Leo, Tuscaloosa Johnny, and Dan himself.

So, yeah. I'll be living in Las Vegas for the next four weeks. God help my liver. And my bankroll.

As you can imagine, I have a ton to write in the 96 hours I will be home, not to mention entertaining my recently out-of-the-closet cousin Bobbo Downey Jr. who is in town from Jersey for a visit. I'll be reaching deep into my energy reserves to make it through this weekend before driving back to Vegas on Sunday.

Speaking of new gigs, go over to Poker Grub and congratulate Grubby on landing his dream job. He's going to be designing slot machines! Fuck Mr. Cashman, I can't wait to donk off money in a Grubby-designed game. Now that's following your passion, kids.

Stay tuned for trip reports from this past week of Vegas madness!

14 comments:

CarmenSinCity said...

Hey girl!! Congratulations on your new gig. I bet you are so happy. It was great meeting you and now that you'll be in Vegas for a while longer, we'll have to hang out if you have some free time.

Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Awesome, Change! pokerblog should be honored to have such a fabulous writer covering the events for them. Can't wait to read all about it. Will you be posting directly on the pokerblog site, or anywhere else?

jremotigue said...

Congrats chica! That's sweet!

Now I'm free to roam the FTP 3/6 tables ;-)

Garthmeister J. said...

Congrats! At least your liver has been put through a good pre-season training...

katitude said...

w00t! I echo the congrats, and how great it was to meet you!

Man, I seriously need to dig out my thesaurus.

Unknown said...

Good luck! You deserve it. Please be sure to put links to your stuff on your blog. And follow your insticts to how YOU think it should be written and not the way others you think may want it written.

Dawn Summers said...

wow! congrats...may the force be with your bankroll... :)

Dawn

Tully Moxness said...

Nice going on the new gig. Get ready for a lot of e-mails like this: Can you check on how my buddy Guillermo is doing? He's a tall Argentinian guy in a shirt and is at a table with that guy from the WPT Reno show.

Pauly said...

You sure you want this gig? It's 3:15am and I've been at the Rio for 15 hours.

Pokerwolf said...

Awesome! Congrats!

Oh, hell. That means that you and Pauly are both going to be there at the same time doing the same thing.

The Rio will never be the same!

Irritable Male Syndrome said...

Jebus, is nobody safe from getting sucked into this tournament coverage gig?

Congratulations!

Wolverine Fan said...

Congrats on the Gig. Looking forward to reading your write ups.

Love your Blog. Been following it for some time now.

TripJax said...

that's quite cool. make sure to let us know the top 5 people you piss next to...

Unknown said...

I need to catch up on my reading quicker.

CONGRATS!!!!