Thursday, August 09, 2007

American Idol Wednesdays (on Thursday): Crazy Woman Almost Gives Birth During Idol Audition

In the category of "so fucked up it must have happened on a reality show", today we learned that nine-months pregnant Antoria Gillon went into labor yesterday while waiting in line at American Idol's Dallas auditions... only the 20-year old refused to go to the hospital until she got the chance to sing for the power trio of Randy, Paula, and Simon.

In Gillon's own words:

"I gave it my all thru (sp) the contractions. They were back to back and getting harder and harder but I was more than willing to have my baby right there. I wasn’t leaving without my golden ticket to the next round"

Nothing like endangering your child's health, not to mention your own, for a shot at being on television. Ain't that America!

But Gillon claims it was worth it, as her performance managed to earn her a golden ticket to Hollywood. After being put through to the next round, she boarded an ambulance and at a nearby hospital, gave birth to her second child, a son, who for life must carry the unfortunate moniker of Jamil Labarron Idol McCowan.

I just want to know if there will be any footage of Ryan Seacrest subbing in as a Lamaze coach.

No comments: