Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tales from the Hooker Bar and Other Tuesday Pimps

I'm still in Warsaw and have finally found some edible food in the form of a chicken, proscuitto and parmesan sandwich on whole grain bread sold at a local coffee shop for only 9 Zlotys ($3 U.S.!). We'll set the final table today, play it tomorrow, and I'll be on a plane back to my fire-scorched hometown on Thursday. Pauly said the air in L.A. is so bad he can't even open the windows in our apartment, despite the blazes being over 40 miles away on either side of the city. Yiiiikes. Dana and I will be doing the play-by-play over on Poker News.

Speaking of my beloved, he's penned one of his best pieces in recent memory. I was present for at least some of the antics at the hooker bar last week in Vegas, but the really juicy shit went down after I went upstairs to pass out at 5 a.m. Hit up the Tao and check out Existentialist Conversations With Hookers: Maelstrom at the Hooker Bar.

Both of us will also be playing in the second edition of the Poker Listings Run-Good Challenge starting this Saturday. As you may know, I miraculously took down the first edition last month, defeating everyone's favorite cougar Michele Lewis heads-up and will be back to defend my title. This round is going to be a wee bit more difficult with pros like Liz Lieu, Lacey Jones and Matt Stout in the mix. Some of your favorite bloggers (and mine) will also be playing, including Luckbox, California Jen, Dan Michalski, Benjo, Amy Calistri, Poker Shrink, Short-Stacked Shamus, Spaceman, and Kid Dynamite.

And now, it's time to head downstairs and watch some Scandis check-raise each other into oblivion...

No comments: