This post is sub-titled : Southern Californians! Help Change pick a new internet service provider!
Showcase and I have wasted over four hours of cell phone minutes between us on hold with Time Warner Cable for the last 3 days as we try to get an answer as to why our service craps out about half a dozen times per hour. The sequence of events usually happens like this:
1. I get disconnected from the internet after flopping two pair/a set/a straight in a SNG when it's three handed.
2. I lose the hand due to being timed out and I swear a lot.
3. One of us calls up Time Warner and gets a cubicle monkey on the phone who can't explain why our internet is crapping out so much. Cubicle monkey tells us to unplug the router and modem and plug them back in to reset.
4. We tell the cubicle monkey that we've been through this process over a dozen times and it's not going to fix anything.
5. Cubicle monkey puts us on hold. We remain on hold anywhere from 60-90 minutes before getting disconnected.
6. Repeat process.
In at least a dozen calls to Time Warner, we have yet to speak to a real life human being who has (a) told us what's wrong or (b) offered to fix the problem. Just when I thought Comcast was the worst a cable company could get, in waltzes Time Warner.
So we're done with them. D-O-N-E done. And we're open to suggestions as to which internet service provider we shoud switch to. If you'd be so kind to offer your recommendations and/or cautionary tales in the comments, we'd be oh so grateful.
We can't be too tilted though... American Idol is BACK!! Ooooh whoa oooooh whoa!!! I'm already rooting for the 16 year old black girl from Wisconsin who blew the doors off the place with...get ready... "I Am Telling You I Am Not Going."
Like I told Showcase... we're gonna hear that song a lot this season.