Monday, July 17, 2006

Pauly PLO

Last night, Pauly thought he'd be skipping today's $1500 Pot Limit Omaha event, since the powers that be decided to make it a rebuy event instead of a freezeout less than 24 hours before the cards went in the air. We came over to the Rio early so he could unregister, only to discover that a whole new PLO rebuy event, now scheduled to kick off at 4 PM, had been added. The freezeout was still happening at Noon. Our lunch plans with Grubby now foiled, I ran back to Henderson to grab him his laptop and the snazzy black Poker Stars polo he'd be wearing at the table.

When I returned, he was already up to T$2000 from his initial starting stack. "I busted some dude with AA23. Everyone's playing so loose." he said, smiling.

European star Noah Boeken is at Pauly's table so he has his work cut out for him. I also hear that Cyndy Violette was "Gigli" busting out only six minutes into the tournament. Looks like she'll be ready in time for the rebuy later this afternoon.

UPDATE 1:18 PM: "Some Interpoker douchebag just busted me. I can't talk to the media right now..."

Boooooooooooo! Looks like I'm buying lunch.

No comments: