Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Special Guest Star

I wrote a guest post over at the Tao of Poker today, filling in for Pauly, who is on sabbatical for two weeks, locked in a windowless dungeon in the Bronx with nothing but his laptop and some Dead bootlegs and writes his long-gestating Las Vegas book. I was honestly very flattered to be chosen and penned the resulting story, "Two Inches of Banana" based on a night the two of us had at the Excalibur during my second trip to Vegas last month. Check it out, and consider it part two of that trip report.

And believe me... I know I still have to finish the last part of the WPBT trip report. Dammit I wish I had more time to write! Or that I required fewer hours of sleep.

4 comments:

Poker Jones said...

wonderful stuff. well told. why is it that drunken brits are such a staple on the vegas scene.

mb said...

Read your piece on taopoker. Nice writing and the Vegas trip sounded great craic.

John G. Hartness said...

Heh. Brad Pitt as Dr. Pauly. Heh. That's a good one. Pauly is wwwaaaaayyy taller than Pitt :).
Great story, Change.

EN09 said...

It'd be great having you at one of our live tables. Most are so freakin' stonefaced and they never have any fun either. No idea why they're even at a table with their slot player personality. Great tale Change! tnx.